Job Title: International Agricultural Program Specialist
Type of Appointment: Excepted Service (Time Limited) Appointment
Length of Appointment: Up to 5 years
Area of Consideration: All Sources
Duty Location: Washington, D.C.
Opening Date of Announcement: 10/25/13
Closing Date of Announcement: 11/8/13
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position and be able to be security cleared for assignment.
Full details about this position can be found at this link: http://www.fas.usda.gov/icd/drd/icdjobs.html
Overview:The Development Resources and Disaster Assistance Division (DRDAD) is responsible for coordinating USDA’s participation in technical assistance, training, and development programs undertaken in developing nations. This position will be administratively assigned to the Foreign Agricultural Service/Office of Capacity Building and Development/DRDA/Rural Development and Natural Resources Branch (FAS/OCBD/DRDA/RDNRB). The incumbent will be located in and work directly with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), at their headquarters located in Washington, D.C., in the Bureau for Food Security (BFS), Office of Agriculture, Research and Policy (ARP), Research Division.
Duties:The incumbent will serve as an International Agricultural Program Specialist and provide support in the areas of communications, procurement, budgets and information management. This position will also support the Division Chief and other technical leads on agricultural research program management. The incumbent will coordinate with program analysts in other ARP Divisions and interact with staff in other BFS offices. Working under the tutelage of higher graded employees or as a member of a team, performs assignments which may involve one or more of the following: implementing/coordinating/evaluating agricultural research programs; providing project management and liaison services; providing communication support services; providing information and knowledge management services; providing administrative and logistical support services; developing funding and budget documents and monitoring status of funding. In addition, performs research, analysis, and associated functions which address elements critical to agency priorities and objectives. Coordinates with other staff on internal reporting processes and provides support on qualitative and quantitative reporting on research investments. Performs research and analysis of data and information on a specific topic or issue within a larger project and independently handles conventional and/or moderately complex portions of larger projects while serving as a member of a team. Attends conferences or other events for development purposes.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated experience in implementing/coordinating/evaluating agricultural technical assistance programs; providing project management and liaison services and providing administrative and logistical support services.
2. Demonstrated experience providing communication support services; information and knowledge management services and administrative and logistical support services.
3. Ability to develop and manage project budgets, analyze financial data and reports, and prepare and use spreadsheets and other financial management and reporting tools.
4. Ability to perform research, analysis, and associated functions which address elements critical to agency priorities and objectives.
5. Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve problems, as well as effectively maintain working relations with individuals from U.S. and foreign government agencies.
For more information about this position and to apply visit this link. It is the third position listed on the page: