Job Title: Science Advisor (Cereal Genomics)
Department: U.S. Department Of AgricultureAgency: Agricultural Research Service
• You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
• Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
• Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service
• Travel: 2-3 nights/month
• Provides technical and programmatic oversight of USAID funded cereal improvement activities.
• Identifies new opportunities to harness advances in genetics/genomics to accelerate the development of abiotic stress tolerance in cereals and other crops for the benefit of developing country agriculture.
• Coordinates research partners and other donors on the establishment of data management and sharing platforms.
• Provides technical leadership to Missions in identification of opportunities to integrate biotechnology and other advanced molecular breeding approaches into Mission and national agricultural, economic or food security research priorities, especially in African and Asian countries.
• Collaborates with USDA/ARS in areas of mutual research and biotechnology policy issues.
Appointment Information: This is a TERM position, not to exceed 13 months. This position may be extended up to a total of 4 years at the discretion of management without further competition.This position is administratively assigned to the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), National Programs, Office of International Research Programs (OIRP). This position is located at the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and is assigned to the Bureau for Food Security (BFS) at USAID. The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and technical support in agricultural research to USAID and its Missions around the world in the area of agricultural genomics and molecular breeding and the application of emerging genetic/genomic tools to cereal improvement.The Office of International Research Program’s (OIRP) mission is to enhance the productivity, effectiveness, and impact of the ARS National Programs through mutually beneficial international research and development collaboration in agriculture and natural resources.Relocation expenses may be authorized.This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
For more information visit the full job announcement at USA JOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/350933700