Deadline: 31 October 2014 (extended)
The Startup Pirates invites students currently enrolled in a university from Bachelors to PhDs to participate in the Thought for Food (TFF) Challenge 2014. Projects that ignite people’s interests, explore original thought processes and question current approaches to food security are highly encouraged.
- $10,000 – to one Grand Prize Winning Team
- $5,000 – to one Runner Up team
- $500 – to 10 (ten) finalist teams
Round-trip economy-class airfare from Finalists place of residence to Lisbon, Portugal; hotel accommodations for 8 nights; transportation to and from airport; meals during the Summit and Boot Camp.
Note the Key Dates
31 October 2014 – Submission Deadline
1 November – 7 December 2014 – Round 1
15 December 2014 – Announcement of 10 Finalist teams
4 January 2015 – Round 2 begins
9-11 February 2015 – Startup Boot Camp for 10 Finalist Teams
13-15 February 2015 – Global Summit in Lisbon
14 February 2015 – Finalists Pitch Projects
14 February 2-15 – Announcement of Runner-up and Grand Prize Winner
Applicants must be 17 years of age or older at the time of registration and individuals must be enrolled in a university study program at time of entry.
Applicant teams must be comprised of 3-5 current university students.
Universities may enter multiple teams and the teams may be comprised of students from different universities.
Submitting an entry means –
- The submission is original work of the entrant team and does not contain material or images that is obscene, inappropriate, offensive, or defamatory.
- The submission does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity.
- The submission does not trigger any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party.
If the entry contains any identifiable feature of a person other than the entrants, then it should be warranted that the express approval of that person is obtained before submitting that entry.
For more information, please visit TFF Challenge.